Revelations concerning Xbox 360 Slim power cord

It could be anything. Your cord could be lost, stolen, dog-chewed, or maybe you just want a spare. So what happens when your Slim power cord no longer works for some reason or you want another one? You head to your local retailer and pick up another one.

Or not, since for some boneheaded reason they aren't sold in stores. I am forced to contact MS directly for another cord. How long will it take when I do that? TEN DAYS before it's even shipped. Who knows how long after that before it will actually arrive. So several weeks without a console because some marketing "genius" decided not to provide an easy way to replace an essential part of the system.

This is one more decision in a long line of decisions that makes no sense from the MS games division. I questioned my loyalty to Xbox when I had to take two of my original Xboxs apart and replace the internal power supplies to fix the "power cord" recall that had nothing to do with the cord. I questioned it again when I sent one of my several consoles in for the 5th time for an RROD. Now I'm two weeks without a console over an idiotic decision made by someone who works for MS and will never have to deal with this issue. When my power cord arrives I'll be contacting MS for a credit on my Live account I've had for EIGHT years. It would be nice if someone could adequately explain why the cords aren't sold in stores.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

I cannot give you an answer as to why power supplies are not sold in stores for Xbox 360 consoles but you could always post a thread about it in the Wishlist/Feedback section of the forums: forums.xbox.com/.../2604.aspx

Xbox Live Community Ambassador

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.