Retrieving old Version1 Xbox live account Gamertag

Hi,

My current Gamertag is "Ragin4" although my old gamertag I had was "Ragin".

I would like to retrieve my old Gamertag if possible although phone support etc has been unable to assist me as it was connected to a xbox live version 1 account.

I have emails to an old email address [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR MICROSOFT ACCOUNT] from Xbox live support back in 2005 etc if any proof is required that I was the owner of the old account. I no longer use that email address etc.

I was told to contact "Enforcement" on the forums to see if there was any way to retrieve my old gamertag.

Cheers

Nathan

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi Nathan,

The first thing you always ned to do is recovering your Information that was/is associated with your Xbox Live Profile.

Here're the steps posted what and how you can do it.

Like you said, that old e-mail adress that you used for that other Account is inactive.

I don't know if that e-mail adress is been cancelled or if you remember the log-in Information.

If the e-mail adress is not been cencelled yet, I suggest you contact the provider to recover your information.

If that e-mail adress was cancelled I'm pritty sure you can't recover that e-mail adress, but you're able to switch e-mail adressed between Xbox Live Profiles.

Please follow the steps that are been described in this guide to switch e-mail adressed between Xbox Live Profiles.

Select the option: Can I switch my Gamertag to a different Microsoft Account?

If this didn't resolve your problem, feel free to post a reply.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Thunder!

Thakyou for the reply, i attempted this although unfortunently I do not remember the password. Also the email address is cancelled and unable to be used. Not sure what to do now. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Well you should have a security question tied to your account I believe (I know I have one tied to mine) If you can remember you old email address and answer a few questions I believe they can help you over the phone 1-800-4MYXBOX if you live in the US. A simple search if you live somewhere else. Good luck

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rotten,

As I advised in my original post. I have called Phone support and contacted support online etc and I have been advised even though I know the email address, home address, phone number etc It is a live version 1 account and cannot be retrieved. I was advised to contact "Enforcement" on these forums. Hence my post in the first place. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Enforcement hangs out in Forums 15 and 16, i.e., forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx and forums.xbox.com/.../2366.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.