resetting the orig. Xbox

How do you reset the Orig. Xbox. I messed up some of the settings and I don't remember my code to change them.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Reformatting the hard drive will remove all data on the memory unit, once that is complete you can run the "Initial setup" for the console found under the System Settings. Just be aware, if you wish to reformat the hard drive you will need the console's serial number and this can be found under "System Info", via the System Settings and then console settings.

This is the only way I know how to restore to factory defaults on the original xbox, but if you do not want to lose everything wait for another reply as in doing this saves, profiles, (anything on your HDD) will be wiped which is not good.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="BookishNose4"]How do you reset the Orig. Xbox.[/quote]The original huge black one from 2001? Try leaving it unplugged from AC power for a day or two.

Sorry this didn't help.

GreyPilgrim:

I tried  to find "Syetem Settings" but I could not find it, nor could I find the "Initial Setup." Could they be located elsewhere? Or does Parental Controls need to be disabled?

IceStorm III: It has been left unplugged for a month. Still no dice. Thanks for trying though.

Sorry this didn't help.