resetting parental controls.

One of my wonderful children has turned on the parental controls so now you need a password or a passcode to get into some of the games. I have tried taking it off but cant get into the family settings. I was advised, by a friend to find the parent account... which in the past as always been mine and that one should be able to turn it off!! However, I cant log on my account (this one) with out a passcode!! its getting all very frustrating I can tell you... especailly as my son is having a party this weekend and really wanted to use the xbox and the kinect. Please. Please tell me there is an easy way out of this.... with out loosing all the saved data? 

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

It sounds like you are on the child account to me. An account just can't take control of another account like that without it being set up as a child account. If you continue having issues with your parental accounts, please contact phone support for more assistance. support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this happened to me too but i did it and i lost my pass code i hope there is a way :(

Sorry this didn't help.

If you don't have the passcode to get into the family settings, you will have to contact LIVE/hardware support. They will need to register your console if you haven't registered it at myservice.xbox.com yet. After its been registered, they'll be able to access a unique 4 digit code for your console to reset the family settings.

If a passcode has been set on the profile, delete it (profile ONLY, NOT items) and redownload it. You might want to put a passcode of your own on the settings to prevent the kid(s) from changing the information.

Sorry this didn't help.

this isnt working 4 me:(

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, smketr4u! Very sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue. Would you mind creating a new thread detailing out your specific situation including any troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far? This will enable us to provide you with the best support possible for your issue. Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

any luck on this? I'm troubled on this now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, ToniestLemur161. Please create a new thread by clicking this link: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx. Be sure to detail out your exact situation including any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. This will enable us to best assist you with your question.

As this question has been answered and is quite old I will be locking the thread. If anyone needs assistance, please create a new thread and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.