resetting forgotten ID password

my son has a new xbox for birthday and has transfered his data from his old to new console.but he has autosign in set on the old console. old console is 6 years old and his windows ID is his old inactive email from initial instalation. on new xbox he needs to sign in but he has forgoten his password. we need to reset the password. but they keep sending the link to his old email not to mine which is active. [REMOVED - DO NOT POST EMAIL OR WLID]

he also has an active hotmail address he could use but there is nowhere on the support pages to enter this address.

been tying to do this for  over a week

tried emailing/calling support etc etc but they keep sending link to old email

can anyone help?

thanks anne

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey there Pompano! Unfortunately, if the WLID attached to the GT is inactive or unable to be used, there isn't a lot we can do. Please try contacting phone and explain the issue outright to them and see if they can assist in updating. If not, your son would need to create a new GT and WLID to use, and ensure that this information is kept current in the future.

Please let me know how that call goes and if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.