Reset console to factory settings

Hi, I'd like to reset my console to factory settings.

What is the correct combination code for my console?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 127 Applies to:

I assume your aware restoring to factory default, will delete all the content from your hard drive that you have including downloads and saves. It is recommended you make a transfer of them before you do so(for at least the saves).

To reset to factory default, you first need to go to System Settings > Console settings > System Info   and write down you serial numbers.

Secondly check in family under the settings tab to make sure content controls are off.

Lastly, you will need to format each drive that is plugged into the Xbox starting with the HDD. When you highlight HDD(located in Storage, under System Settings), you will see the option to press Y, this will present you with 4 other options one of which is format.  Upon selecting format you will be prompted to enter the serial number you were suppose to write down, and told that doing this will erase everything. Once you've done that, its a good idea to also go into network settings and disconnect any wireless connections you have enabled.

Once this is all done, from the same menu (System Settings) you will see at the bottom one option called Initial Setup, selecting that will start the Xbox first load setup all over again.

I apologize if we are not allowed to tell users how to do this, and as a result I assume this whole post will be deleted, if not, here's how to do it.

Hope this is allowed and helps. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.