Resending Important Emails to a New Address

Hello, I have had Xbox live for about 7 years now, but the email address my brother used to create the account was still being used as the preferred email address until about an hour ago. I can't use the old email address is because we forget the password to it. I pre ordered halo 4 and just today I saw something stating that a code would be sent to your Microsoft account email. Upon hearing that I added my current email to the Microsoft account and set it as the preferred email address. Though I didn't really expect it to be there, I looked for the email in my inbox and it wasn't there. Is there any way that this email could be resent to my current email address?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello there! Have you checked your Junk mail? Also for the old email address have you tried using the password recovery function for the Microsoft account? If not try those. Another option if you have a twitter account tweet @Xboxsupport to see if they can help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did check the junk mail on my current email, it wasn't there unfortunately. I know that my brother's old email was from penteledata (the ending of the email is: @ptd.net) but I don't see a password recovery option on there. I am not familiar with the website though, so maybe I overlooked it or something.

Sorry this didn't help.

forums.xbox.com/.../2038404.aspx This also might help with the Halo 4 code stated above. :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello :) I've never heard of Penteledata that's a new one to me but usually  the writing underneath password they're usually is forgotten password? As well as security proofs you have to go through to ensure that the old password was protected. Then afterwards it should ask you to make a new password then confirm it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I think it's more of a regional company but I didn't see an "I forgot my password" thing. I guess I'll call them this weekend when my brother gets home, or maybe he could have some details that will help us to find out the password!

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry hope you get the password found soon! Happy I could help in someway have a good day! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Scuba! Setting the preferred email address is not the same as the MS Account email. If you cannot change your MS Account email because you no longer remember the info, start with http://xbox.com/forgot and try those steps. You may need to contact us directly though if those don't work. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.