Required memory removed?

I recently purchased a USB drive in order to up my storage capabilities.  I plugged it in and formatted the drive and got the message that it was formatted and met the required performance standards.  I moved some of my saved games to the USB device to free up hard drive space.  Afterwards, I put in a DVD to watch.  It loaded and began to play, but then a message popped up telling me a required storage device had been removed and the xbox would restart.  This happened time and time again.  The only way I could get the DVD to play was to go to settings, click on my different storage devices, back out, eject the tray and then close it and then the movie would play no problems.  If I don't do this, I continue to get the message.  Any ideas on why I am getting this message and what I can do to make it stop?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Sorry to hear about your situation.

But, when you sat a USB device, do you mean an external hard drive?  The largest USB drive that the console will accept is 32GB.  This is probably the reason the console is now rejecting the drive you now have hooked up.  (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive)

The only exceptions to the rule are the Microsoft supported drives.  They have been formatted to work with the console by plugging directly into the device.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its just a simple 8GB flash drive.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Kaz! Have you tried using your USB in a different port? I would also suggest reformatting the USB to see if that helps as well. Let us know how that goes. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.