Requesting the usage of a currently disabled Gamertag

Hello, I wasn't sure which section to post this but the 3 support representatives I have spoken with recommended that I should post somewhere in the forum.

So, I had an issue claiming a Gamertag that appeared to be available. However, after contacting support, my issue was resolved and I was informed that this was actually a Gamertag belonging to a disabled account (which no longer exists, apparently).

Each of the representatives have told me that I can post a thread in an attempt to claim a currently disabled Gamertag. So, here I am attempting to claim the gamertag "Generic". 

I'm really hoping that the persons in charge of issues such as this will see my post and help me out! If you guys do, I'd really appreciate it if I was granted the usage of this Gamertag for this account.

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry, but support gave you some wrong information. There is no way to request a gamertag. No one on the forums has any power to be able to do that.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

And gamer tags are not an on demand service

You will have to be more creative or be patient and keep checking

Sorry this didn't help.

I've come up with like 6 original names which belong to disabled accounts. Apparently, i'll need to make names such as sCubaDiv3r63518.

Nonetheless, thank you very much for the replies. I just did this in hopes of someone being able to help out.

Sorry this didn't help.