reputation question

Hello,

Is there a way to dispute a problem with the reputation on xbox live?

I looked on there and it said i used language, yet I got no notication about it, and I'm trying to get it fixed.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Reputation does not do anything.  You will not be banned for a bad reputation.  You will not miss out on a game for having a bad reputation.  Nothing will happen.  The best thing you can do is completely ignore it.  A better thing will be for Xbox to completely remove the entirely flawed, and easy to abuse reputation system.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

can an admin or some xbox employee please answer this question once and for all. no on should be punished for being talented..why does the system exist if it does nothing???

Sorry this didn't help.

Like Zen said, the best thing to do is just ignore it. There is nothing anyone can do if you have a bad reputation. I can't be altered, reset, adjusted or anything. Your stuck with what you have regardless if you like it or not. There really is no reason to make big deal about it, it is a private statistic that no one can see but you and it will not effect you in any way. Your not being "punished".

Sorry this didn't help.

it does affect matchmaking though. not trying to be annoying, but do you have proof that being avoided will not keep you from getting in a match with that person? 

Sorry this didn't help.

It only effects matchmaking in the way it is supposed to. If someone avoids you its because they do no want to play with you, for whatever reason. That is what the avoiding feature was designed to do.

Sorry this didn't help.

right, only the way its supposed to..  so why would anyone say "Reputation does not do anything...You will not miss out on a game for having a bad reputation.  Nothing will happen." where is this info coming from? where is the proof either way? its seems illogical to give someone the ability to *** up a game's matchmaking ability like this. also, why wont an admin or official xbox human comment on this? i  have been told half a dozen different things over the phone about how this function works. this thread is months old, yet no official xbox human has come forward. if you are listening xbox, please give us an answer.

Sorry this didn't help.

and why did the word 's c r e w' get censored? is that for real? WOW

Sorry this didn't help.

im sure the OP gave up on getting an answer long ago, but here is an answer from xbox forums moderator miss portia-

The Rep system does not affect your matchmaking results. It's a system mainly in place to just identify players that you either enjoyed playing with, or players that you felt did not play in the spirit of the game, or used offensive language, etc. In this role, the Rep system works as intended, as other users are able to rate you based on their opinions and preference. However, as we are aware that it may not be a "fair" system in that someone can easy give you a low Rep score on a whim, it does not affect any other part of your Xbox LIVE experience. So you can rest assured that your matchmaking results are affected only by locale and connection speed. :)

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Miss Portia

Sorry this didn't help.