Reports showing bad info?

I have seen one other thread on this a while back and was hoping there is a resolution. Our family center reports are showing times in numbers of days on a couple of games, mainly MW3 and Black Ops. We are trying to use this to monitor and manage our son's play time, and this is making it all but impossible.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi there. I'm sorry that you're having trouble managing your play time reports. An easy way to keep track of Xbox play time is to use the Xbox Family Timer feature. Using the automated timer may resolve the issue you're experiencing.

To set the family timer:

On your console, go to Settings, and then select Family.

Select On to turn on Console Safety.

Enter a 4-button pass code using your controller.

Select Family Timer.

Select whether you want to set a Daily or Weekly timer.

Move down to the time period and use the left stick to increase or decrease the time period, then select Continue.

Select Save and Exit.

When the Family Timer is on, notifications will appear 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes and 5 minutes before the time runs out. These give players sufficient warning so that they can save their games. However, when one of these notifications appears, you can add time or disable the timer altogether by entering the pass code.

You can learn more about Xbox Parental Controls at support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The problem with this is when the person isn't here, or at his other parent's house. That's one of the main reasons we moved to a family account. If there was a way to limit time of a family account no matter where they were, that would work, but I don't think that there is (Feature Request?)

Sorry this didn't help.

The only other way that I can think of to use the same Parental Control timer across multiple consoles is to use the same Hard Drive in both consoles.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, blueadept333! Do you have the option of removing and re-adding the account to your family pack? There is a five-day waiting period after you've removed someone from a Gold Family Pack before you can add them again, however I'd be interested to know if this helps resolve the issue.

Otherwise, I would recommend looking into the timer feature that Stead mentioned. Thanks and let us know if you have any further questions!

Sorry this didn't help.

Would it not just be easier for each parent to set the in xbox timer to watever the minor is allowed as and when required?

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah no wat im saying is, if ya son or daughter is staying at yours then set the timer to say 3 hrs or watever it is then wen te times up thats it for one day and maybe just set it again the next day and the other parent do theb same

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the removing and re-adding this didn't do any good, the problem still exists. As for both parents setting timers, that just doesn't work when one parent doesn't care as much about homework and such.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue....same games as well COD and Halo....any resoultion to this??EDIT:  Further review shows this is not game specific.  Skyrim and Minecrft show this as well

Sorry this didn't help.

Any update on this as my ex-wife is allowing my son to stay up till 4 a.m. in the morning on the day I am due to pick him up and hence he won't get out of bed. Looks as though we might be going to court and I could really do with some reports to show how irresponsible she is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, ILLuM1NaTU5. Besides a family timer on both consoles or on a transferrable hard drive, there are no built-in Xbox time-based restrictions or play logs. Certain games, however, retain logs of total playtime within the game itself. Please consult the Xbox Live Terms of Use at www.xbox.com/.../LiveTOU before taking legal action. This is not legal advice.

Sorry this didn't help.