REPORTING A GAMER TAG FOR DENIAL OF SERVICE-NEED HELP FROM ENFORCEMENT TEAM

I'd like to report a gamer tag for denial of service. [Removed by Moderator] has booted HUNDREDS of players and makes sure to do it to me specifically anytime I'm online. I have filed a complaint, I have submitted an "avoid player" player review. Ive had multiple others file a complaint and I'm sure many more have done so on their own. It's crazy that Xbox allows players like this to get away with this when all they have to do is check their career in the game (Madden 13) and its obvious.

I also have MESSAGES AND VIDEO of this player saying he's going to boot me and then following through on his threats. I don't know what more needs to be done to get this player removed from XBL when I have proof of his actions. Its ridiculous that I pay for XBL and this player is able to deny me service with no repercussions.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

You'll find information on how to deal with this behind the link START HERE for help reporting users and how to handle harassment!.

It is a waste of time 'reporting' this player over the forum as no Microsoft staff will see it.

Also if the person is booting you offline then you will need to contact your ISP, as such a thing is illegal, and they'll be able to deal with it. 

In addition to reporting the player check out this informative support page about dealing with DoS attacks

In the future please do not name and shame other players on the forums.  

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Cross-posting is prohibited as per the forum Code of Conduct.

"Cross-posting is prohibited as per the forum Code of Conduct." i could honestly care less

im sick of paying for a service that im unable to use, so i will continue to do whatever the F i want until my problem is resolved

otherwise if there arent any reprecussions from xbox i might as well do this to you and anyone else i please, its a joke

[quote user="WhiteKaepernick"]im sick of paying for a service that im unable to use,[/quote]If you think you are a victim of a denial of service attack, contact your ISP.

[quote user="WhiteKaepernick"]otherwise if there arent any reprecussions from xbox i might as well do this to you and anyone else i please, its a joke[/quote]While Microsoft may be able to ban the person's account, that would not stop him from booting you offline.

The DDoS is happening outside of the LIVE service, it is an ISP issue and not something Microsoft have any control over.

We all get you are upset but the only one who can resolve your issue is your ISP. You need to contact them.

Yes, continuing to post over and over will not fix your problem. If you read the link I suggested it will tell you exactly what others have said, you need to talk to your ISP. They can help you fix this problem.

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP