Report: Xbox 360 emulation planned for Xbox One, claims Microsoft executive

Reports suggest a MS employee is saying that 360 game emulation is planned but not fully thought through yet OXM

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm noticing a trend....Microsoft has developed a knack for making announcements that aren't "fully thought through".

Let me play Rock Band 3 on my Xbox One with all of my DLC and you will make me extremely happy MS.

Although it's never bothered me in the past, this would be a cool little bonus. Means I can finally unplug my 360 to make room for other consoles and my library of 60+ games is resting on the balance of a 2007 console.

This news is a slap in the face to all those who have said that bc would never happen on the Xbox One. :P

If they can pull this off, I will be mega happy. I am sure many would be too. Question is how it will work. Can we download 360 titles to work on the One or will disks work ect...

Either way, I will be chuffed.

The further away it gets since I bought my Xbox one, the less I am bothered about going back to my xbox 360. BC means nothing to my 360, however I don't buy every game on the market so I guess I am not really the person its aimed at.

Not looking after....

Not sure if it's possible with disc base games.

Streaming games might be a big mistake (too early)....

Download should be fine,but i guess it won't be free for games that i already bought on Xbox 360.

If this does go forward, it better support disc based games. I have no intention of re-buying the games I own and there will certainly be more than a few uproars. If it's used in any way to generate money then it's a no go in my eyes, I'd rather spend it on something new. The threads on here should be good fun though.

I see it going the route of the PS3 with PS and PS2 games.

You'll have to re-buy them even if you own the disc. This gen will be unique in that we had digital games last gen. Will our arcade games and On Demand games be carried over? Buying disc based game again I can understand but digital isn't going to fly....they know I already own the game.

Also will publishers spend resources for this ?.....