Replacement Xbox Program Question

I am one of the "unlucky" ( :D ) users of the pro 60gb who need an update and I got all of the instructions to get the new one done yesterday. I have a UPS tracking no and it did have an est. delivery date but now that has gone. I am just wondering if I will be getting the xbox first with the box and stuff to return the old one to get the Live 12 months code. It says the package is 1KG in weight - which is odd as in the email it states:

"We will send you a free shipping label and materials along with your replacement console. After we receive your current console, we will send you a code for a one year Xbox LIVE subscription at no charge to you."

Just wondering if I get the new xbox with the shipping materials so I can keep playing my xbox while the old one is being returned to Microsoft. Cheers for all helpful responses and THANK YOU MICROSOFT!

p.s one of my friends got an email too but he just bought a slim and thrown away his old one. I bet he is annoyed!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Bump?

Your guess is as good as ours. Who knows how long it will take!!!

For starters a 360 weighs more than 1KG.

i know but UPS could mess it up as i got a mobile via fedex and it said it was 1.5kg and it weighed like a lot less than a kilo...

MS book the collections, pretty sure they know how heavy their product is to ship.  Especially as they have a major contract with UPS to ship the things.

:( Hoping it comes - In the email it says it comes first and then i return the crapped xbox :( like in the quote i added

WTF is going on with all of this "update will ruin your console" malarky?

I'm on my second 360. I bought a 20gb one, not long after the launch. Then that RROD'd in about... mid 2008. Then I bought an Arcade and used my 20gb HDD on that. Though now I have a 250gb HDD on it - So, what is all of this stuff about? Will it affect me? I'm confused!

There was certain xbox 360 Pro consoles (less than 10,000) that have a DVD Drive which has been majorly mucking up since the update in March/April and you can't read disks well if at all. Only my Black Ops works because it was installed already to my xbox. With the new disks you can't read them so you are being offered a free 250gb slim and a year of live. Only given to people emailed about it as it was tracked over XboxLIVE. The email stated: We will send you a free shipping label and materials along with your replacement console. After we receive your current console, we will send you a code for a one year Xbox LIVE subscription at no charge to you.

I am only enquiring as my parcel seems remarkably light for an Xbox - or any package for that matter which isn't a phone

Kinda getting irritated as I could have got my UPS parcel delivered ages ago as it takes half an hour or so to be checked through a UPS building. It was in Bonn, Germany this morning and is currently in Tamworth since 5 past 3. I live literally 20 minutes away from where the Radio 1 Big weekend was this year and it is literally 2 and a half hours away via car and 3 by a coach. Irritation as I could have it... Now I will have to wait until Monday I bet.

Oh, my 360 has been fine, so I guess this doesn't affect me? - Just need to make sure, as I've seen this mentioned a few times today, and people were giving lots of different answers.

Thanks.

I don't hold much hope for UPS anyway. That's why I bought a new console instead of sending my launch one off to get repaired... MS gave me a date and time they'd arrive to pick it up and they didn't come, infact they came a few days later without notice, when I was out - and apparently it was my fault!

Well UPS have decided to end my suffering and update my tracking page.