Repeated Xbox Live Disconnects

Hi Everyone,

I am hoping someone here might be able to help me out. My wife and I signed up for Xbox Live over the summer so we could use HBOGO. Over the last few weeks we began experiencing difficulty staying connected to the Xbox live service. I updated our router firmware and tried moving the router right next to the xbox to no avail. We haven't noticed any issues connecting with other devices (two laptops and a desktop), in fact since we updated the firmware on the router the connections have been better than ever. Things have come to a head with our recent purchase of Halo 4, as the Spartan Ops and Matchmaking can't be played with our connection disconnecting every 10-15 minutes. We are feeling really frustrated by this and are crossing our fingers someone here might be able to share some insight.

Modem brand & model number: RCA Digital Broadband, Model DCM425

Router brand & model number: Linksys Wireless-N Broadband Router, Model WRT160N

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Black External Adapter (Datel Max Wireless N Adapter)

Things you have tried: Turned off "Fliter Anonymous Internet Request", Updated Router Firmware to most current availible, Moved Router to within 10 feet of Xbox with a clear line of site.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No

Any Error Codes you encounter: Don't get one, it jst signs out and says to reconnect before continuing

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Mediacom

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown?
W:0000-0021
X:0000-F001
Y:20A8-4840
Z:0000-0000
ID:FFFF-FFFF
L:0015-10F0
Q:8015-1004
T:Wireless
A:192.168.1.100/255.255.255.0
G:192.168.1.1
D:192.168.1.1, 97.64.183.164
N: Bismark
S:WPA
C:11

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

No help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Give it time. We are all mere volunteers with different areas of expertise. Just need to wait till someone who is proficient in that area reads this.

Sorry this didn't help.

connections on xbox are tricky and you need just to wait until you are able to connect

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Crichelle01! Thanks for the info you've supplied, and for how thorough your post is! It certainly helps. :) After reviewing the information you've supplied, it appears that you are currently using a third party wireless adapter. It's possible this may be causing your issue, but just to be sure, let's try connecting your console to your router using an ethernet cable. This will eliminate the adapter from the equation, and if everything works in this configuration, we can start working backwards from there. Let us know the results! :)

Sorry this didn't help.