repeated or unauthorized account recovery - please explain this

I have been seeing numerous people being banned for this.  can you please explain what exactly this is?

if i have certain games on my HD and my son recovers his account to my 360 to play those games, is that a violation of the 360 service agreement???

mods - can you please verify and explain??

thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

[quote user="Bleepster1225"]I have been seeing numerous people being banned for this.  can you please explain what exactly this is?[/quote]That has to do with the bright idea a bunch of people came up with to buy DLC on a "common" account, then pass around that account to use the DLC and games. As long as you stick to only content you or your son's gamertag own, you'll be fine.[quote]If i have certain games on my HD and my son recovers his account to my 360 to play those games, is that a violation of the 360 service agreement??[/quote]Account recover is no longer required. Starting in I believe fall 2011 or spring 2012, one's gamertag can be stored locally on multiple consoles.[quote]mods - can you please verify and explain??[/quote]If you want an official explanation, ask a Support person on the forums, not a Mod.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ice - thanks for the quick reply.  I appreciate it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.