Repeated issues with asking for account verification.

Now i appreciate security is imortant to MS but for the last 4-6 weeks every time I log onto XBL on my xbox it prompts me to verify my account with a text or email. Then when I follow the prompt, it says something along the lines that 'I have already done it'. Well I am aware of that but for some reason it keeps asking me!.

I can get around it by pressing B when it comes up then logging back in, I just wondered why this annoying bug that basically rejects automatic log on hasnt been fixed in such a long time.

I should point out that (touch wood) I havent ever had any account security issues or bank problems with XBL.

Anyone got any advice?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 83 Applies to:
Hey The M4rb, I suggest that you try the following:
  1. Go to http://account.live.com and sign in
  2. Click on 'Security Info' on the left side
  3. Turn off 2 Step verification from there
This should fix your issue =) Regards, SamxBroski

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm not adding anything that will help, but since the family gold pack was discontinued I have to deal with 4 separate accounts that are doing the same thing, which is beyond annoying. The 2 step verification is a great idea, but you should be able to use it without the headache. This just seems to be poorly implemented. If you find a fix (that doesn't involve turning it off) please post!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.