Repeated Disconnect from Live after roughly 5-10 mins.

I'm being repeated disconnected from Xbox Live.  I've been trying to download a 200mb file from Live since last night and it's been a nightmare.  I'll get to a small percentage finished and then disconnect from Live.  Upon reconnecting I'll lose roughly 30% of the download status and the process repeats itself.  It's two steps forward and then one step back.  I have no issue staying connected to the internet with my PC.  This same wired connection can be plugged into my PS3 and I can stay connected to PSN for hours without issue.

This disconnection from Live issue was preceded by being unable to download the most recent Xbox Live update.  It would time out after three attempts to download the file from the servers to my 360.  I eventually circumvented this by downloading the file off the Support page and updated manually via burning a CD with the update on it.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Tennessee
Modem brand & model number:
Motorola
Router brand & model number: 
D-Link DIR-655
Network Connection Type: 
Wired
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Is NAT Type Open? Yes
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
What type of internet do you have?
DSL
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  AT&T
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

No error messages are present and everything says connected, upon hitting the Y button I get this message on the popup screen.

W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 0000-0000
Z: FFFF-FFFF

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hello! Would you be able to run a speedtest.net and post the results here?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[View:http://www.speedtest.net/result/1546465697.png]

Download 1.26 Mb/s

Upload 0.20 Mb/s

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there! Unfortunately those speeds are very low for Xbox LIVE. If you are having any connection issues, I would say this is the cause. You could contact your ISP and see if there is anything they or you can do to boost these numbers, or maybe upgrade to a faster plan, but there isn't much we can do from a troubleshooting stand-point. Please let us know if we can be of further help to you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've used Live for years without issue downloading files from 6 MB to 2 GB with this exact same plan/speed & system setup.  I have no issues staying connected to other services just Live.

I'm not trying to play any games online over Live, rather I'm just trying to stay connected to the service's servers long enough to download title updates, patches or DLC.  This issue only started recently and I would guess it started after this last title update, but I can't be 100% sure.

Is there any other help you can offer besides asking me to get a faster connection?   I have the fastest plan offered by my ISP in my area, upgrading is not an option.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again. If this is a new issue, I'm wondering if you used to have greater speeds and your ISP is throttling you down over time. Try this, call your ISP and complain of slow speeds. They'll normally run you through some process to help resolve the issue. Afterwards, run another speed test and see if they've gone up at all. Let me know how that goes!

Sorry this didn't help.