Repeated connection interruptions

Starting Friday night, I cannot play any game for more than about 30 seconds at a time without my connection being interrupted for a few seconds.  I've tried restarting my router (I even reset the setting and started from scratch), unplugging my modem, and restarting my xbox multiple times.  Nothing is working.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you could also post back your results from speedtest.net with the other information that would be helpful.

Sorry this didn't help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Modem brand & model number: Scientic Atlanta Cable Modem

Router brand & model number: CIsco/Linksys WRT310N

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired WIreless (White)

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2 Personal

Things you have tried: Restarting modem, router and xbox....Port forwarding.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Yes

Is NAT Type Open? Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter:

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner Cable

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? No error messages when running test

Speedtest.net results: 21.6Mb/s DL, .97Mb/s UL, Ping 27ms

I've NEVER had any issue like this until Friday, and I've been running my wireless modem for well over 2 years.

Sorry this didn't help.

So with that info I can see that you have a router with 2 potential issues, 1 would be a feature called WPS or Wifi Protected Setup. There would be a button on the router that, if pushed, would turn this feature on. WPS is not 100% compatible with the xbox and can cause the xbox to not connect or get disconnected. To turn off WPS you would need to sign into the routers configuration page and under the wireless settings make sure that the connection is set to Manual instead of WPS.

Additionally you may want to sign in and change the channel on your router, usually channel 1 or 11 work well, to make sure that other networks in your area aren't the problem with overlapping signals. Changing the channel is only an option on your router if the Manual option is being used in the wireless settings, and you can also try stabalizing the signal of your router by turning off the N feature, and setting it to G only to B/G mode. Since you're using a white adapter anyway the network is only running at G at this point because the xbox is connecting, it will always run as slow as the slowest device signed into the network.

Lastly I would ask if you have any 3rd party accessories, like Turtle Beach headsets, that you've moved recently or started using recently? If so then unplug them and see if your connection doesn't improve. Still assuming you have them, if the connection improves you can try moving their base station further away from the xbox, usually the full 5' or so length of the USB cable, or you'll have to run an ethernet cable to the xbox to continue using the headsets.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please try some of the tips to improve your wireless connection here:- www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../114-troubleshooting-and-improving-wireless

Sorry this didn't help.