Repair an Ethernet Port

Ok, so my ethernet port on my Xbox Slim has never worked. I recently have changed internet providers and the wireless signal isn't strong enough for where my Xbox is so I need to hardwire it. The problem is I have never needed to until now and it won't work. I did try when I first got my Xbox which was about 2 years ago, but it didn't work then either. I'm wondering if there is anyway to fix the ethernet port on the Xbox. I already know the ethernet cable works since I have tried it on two of my computers in the same room as the Xbox and it has worked perfectly. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Drakey,

Sorry to hear you are having a console issue.

I recommend you not making changes by yourself to the Xbox, even it is out of warrenty.

You have a Xbox Slim, so lucky, there is a build-in WIFI Adapter, but like you said, the wireless signal is poor at your place.

You could purchase an Access Point. This will improve the wireless signal. You simply connect the ethernet cable from the router to the AC (Access Point) and then (perhaps it ain't even needed) you configure the AP to your preferences. Connect to the AP with your credentials and you should have a much better wireless signal before. It is recommended to install the AP in LAN-1. There are much and much different types of AP's. You just need to search on the internet via the search engine Bing the AP that you prefer.

If you really want to use the ethernet cable, the only option is to get it repaired. Xbox Service Center.

Let us know the results. Thanks.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To add what FS x Thunder NL said, you could also send in your xbox for repair. I'm guessing you're not under warranty anymore, so you would have to pay, but it would be easier than trying to fix it yourself.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.