Rep question.

My Xbox Rep has currently 5 stars and have good Rep. When I jump on Xbox One November 22, since your Rep will be reset for Xbox One users, will my Rep stars go down to 3? Xbox.com and Xbox 360 still use the 5 star format but Xbox One from web info, shows like a green circle with is it a percentage of an idea of the new Rep system for Xbox One. Cuz when I joined with Xbox 360, I had 3 stars but not long after that, grew to 5 stars. Note I will also keep playing my Xbox 360 even after Xbox One has launched.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

nope/yep

The new rep system for the X1 will start you out in the green as a good player. There is no more star rating system. There are three levels to the new rep system. There is good player, needs improvement, and avoid me.

[quote user="SlimyTurt1e"]

The new rep system for the X1 will start you out in the green as a good player.

[/quote]

Unless you got your account suspended etc.

My only concern is people abusing your rep because you beat them in game. That used to happen so often. I used to get called 'Quite early' and I never quit, and 'Bad language' though I rarely talk and when I do it's to my party.

Here's an interesting question: Will the Xbox 360 continue to use the same reputation system that's always been in place once the Xbox One releases or will it convert to the new system as well? I ask because I remember hearing that the Xbox 360 would be updated to be more in line with the Xbox One UI & I was wondering if this might be 1 of those possible/potential changes. If they do change it, I'd think they'd also have to change it acrosss the board, including here on http://www.xbox.com where it shows on everyone's gamercard on the forums as well as their profile page. What do you guys think?

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Here's an interesting question: Will the Xbox 360 continue to use the same reputation system that's always been in place once the Xbox One releases or will it convert to the new system as well? I ask because I remember hearing that the Xbox 360 would be updated to be more in line with the Xbox One UI & I was wondering if this might be 1 of those possible/potential changes. If they do change it, I'd think they'd also have to change it acrosss the board, including here on http://www.xbox.com where it shows on everyone's gamercard on the forums as well as their profile page. What do you guys think?

[/quote]I really thought the above post would garner more responses... :(

I've never been abusive in games,I know a couple of years ago my connection used to drop out mid game so I'm guessing that contributed to my 3 and a half stars.

I thought there were more than just three levels, although I could be wrong. I thought there was a higher level for people that get a lot of good feedback... Maybe saw it in a video somewhere. In any case, I'm not too worried about people being able to game the system, because it seems to me that MS has pretty good systems already in place for feedback.

I read that article. If your constantly blocked and/or involved in enforcement actions. I'm not like this. I do get marked down for quitting early and being unsporting. If you currently have good Rep and 5 stars and don't trash talk badly over Xbox Live and are not involved with enforcement, there's no reason why we shouldn't have good green Rep with the new system too. Even if other players just bad Rep you just cuz they don't like you. I've filed two complaints and both involved players sending me abusive messages with swearing exaggerated real badly in it. That is bad Rep. But if someone quits or doesn't quite live up to the expectations of a game, doesn't mean that they should get bad Rep. If you behave good, you should easily be able to maintain a good Rep with the new system.