Renew gold get free game promo

Awhile back I received a message saying that if i renewed my account for a year get a choice of free game.  I purchased a year subscription card and renewed my silver account to a gold and never seen an email asking what game I wished or anything.   It has been several months now and still no game (Fable3 is what I been eagerly awaiting) what gives?  Have I fallen victim to a cleverly disguised marketing scheme?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

well 2 things first

1) Awhile back I received a message saying that if i renewed my account for a year get a choice of free game.  I purchased a year subscription card and renewed my silver account to a gold and never seen an email asking what game I wished or anything

you answered your own question

you did not purchase the promotion

you purchased a prepaid subscription time card therefore you received what you purchased btw all the free disk games are al; US and UK addreses only

with ALL promotions you must purchase the promotion with paypal or creditcard or debitcard

using a prepaid membership card will not purchase the promotion and no even though its is aon the payment option screen it is not a payment method and most likely cancel your elibility to the promotion

prepaid membership cards are time cards not payment options

for everyone else if you purchased it with a creditcard read this

@op you will receive the same answer

the promotion must be purchased with creditcard or debitcard (as paypal was not an option back then)

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29/t/8282.aspx

@the others

make a post here

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/29.aspx

with this info I’ve waited and it still isn’t here!
If you have waited the 6-8 weeks and your promo item still hasn’t arrived, please post in this forum. Create your own thread, don't post it in a "similar" thread. Make sure you are posting from the account that took part in the promotion. Please only provide the following information:

Promotion:
Date:
Promo Item(s):

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Same thing here, called 1800-4MY-XBOX on June 12th, they said they would look into it and I would be called back by someone from the promotions department.  Waited a month, and called again today to provide all the same information to them again, hopefully something will come of it this time. :-(

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe it was extend 2 years for the free games... and I remember taking 1 year and not getting the free games... but that was just mis-guided reading from my part

Sorry this didn't help.

18004MYXBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

Give it up, bud - I've been in a 5 month "discussion" with Xbox Live about the two free games I was supposed to receive for staying Gold for $1. I recently learned that Promotions has decided they don't owe me a thing and refused my claim. They say there is no record I ever took advantage of the promotion. Funny, all they had to do was look at my payment history and they would clearly see the date I extended my gold membership for $1. Xbox does NOT honour their promotions, plain and simple.

Sorry this didn't help.

I agree with Randy, I have the same issue as Gryosauras and xbox live support finally cancelled my claim after about 5 months of calling.

The thing i find funny is that the 4 or so hours (cumulative)  i spent on the phone with their "escalation team" is probably worth more money than the free fable 3 game they were supposed to give me.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's a different promotion where you bought 2 years of live for 84 dollars and free dlc but that still requires you to purchase on the console as cards cost 59.95 a year unless on sale but they cannot return the change to a prepaid card

Sorry this didn't help.