Removing perental settings

For some unknown reason i got an email on my account and i dont know the password i want to remove all settings so i can carry on playing n talking in party chat but i cant do anything without this password. anyone got any ideas ?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hello DRIVER D1, if you do not know the settings for the parental controls on the account and you do not know the recovery password question then you can delete the XBOX Live account by following the directions here and then recovering it again and it should remove the passcode set on the account. Delete/Recover Gamertag -> support.xbox.com/.../gamer-profile.aspx. If you need further assistance on this or if removing the account and then recovering it again did not solve your problem, please contact XBOX Support for your region for further instructions. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It sounds like your account is set up as a child account. That parental password has to be entered to change your online security settings. Deleting the account and recovery will NOT remove the need for that password. You will need to talk the the person that set up your account and either have them change your settings or enter the password for you. If you delete the account you will not be able to recover it without a password.

Sorry this didn't help.

Fyerball is correct. Recovering a gamertag will only get rid of your passcode, not the actual parental password. So if you do not know the password, you will not be able to recover your gamertag. You will need to ask your parents to enter it for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

My apologies, do not recover the account as it won't actually do anything I had mistaken this for the passcode issue for XBOX Live, living on no sleep at the moment so I got a bit confused, no need to get frazzled honest mistake.

Sorry this didn't help.