Removing payment method from my account.

I am selling my XBOX and wish to cancel any automatic payments on my XBOX Live account. So I signed into this site, tried to delete, but it said that there was an outstanding balance on the account. How can this be? My card has expired so there should have been no way for payment to be taken...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 104 Applies to:

regardless if your card is expired you have to notify your service if you want to cancel service like every normal service

that being said you can call xbox support and pay off your outstanding balance before you can continue to use the account once that is done you can ask them to turn off autorenewal and remove the creditcard.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there!

Your card may have expired but Microsoft are still liable to hold an outstanding balance against your account and if you continue to use the service without paying off the balance you will find yourself suspeneded from the service. What you can do is update the payment option information either by signing into xbox.com, your console or via www.billing.microsoft.com.

Once the balance is taken care of you can call the xbox support line and request they deactivate automatic renewal and once your subscription expires, you can come back to xbox.com and remove your credit card from the system.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Great suggestions folks! I just wanted to point out that in the stickies of each forum there is a post title "Think something's missing?" that you can use to provide feedback and even suggest new content for the forums. We'd love to see you guys contribute there!

Sorry this didn't help.

how do I remove a bank card info from an account plz help my son is costing me a fortune

Sorry this didn't help.

Heya leelee200090.

If you have an Xbox Live subscription you'll need a payment device tied to your account but if you'd like to remove everything please be reach out to Phone/Chat support for assistance.

For future questions please be sure not to bump older threads and instead create a new thread. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.