Removing parenting control's(because TaC)

I called xbox support in holland 100 times. i tried calling microsoft.

both could not help and told me to wait a few hours. I did and here i am.

im not able to get on xbox live for 2 days now and im tired of it !

so the problem is i can't accept the new TaC because my mom's Hotmail account is still hooked to my xbox profile from back in the day, but she forgot everything an can't back into her account. So that is no option.

[Mod Removed]

as you can see in this picture(dutch driver's license as proof) that i was born 05-07-1994 and that means im 19 years old !

so i don't need parenting control anymore. So if anyone from microsoft support would be able to fix [Mod Removed] it would be real nice.

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

If they could just simply pull the switch and make your parent email account  obsolete then why haven't they there are many of us on here that are going through the exact same problem and if they can just make the parent account obsolete and turn our accounts into adults then question is why haven't they yet and would it even fix the terms of service problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

You will need to first gain access to the parental account in order for you to be able to successfully agree to the terms and conditions. You won't be able to change the parental e-mail without being able to login to the prior e-mail that's listed.

When you created this account (under the age of 18) you were required to enter in a parental e-mail before you were able to sign up. Since you're 19 now you should be able to promote your account from a child to an adult after you're able to agree to the updated terms on the parental account. You should be able to do so by following the directions here.

Please remember that this is not something that is done automatically, you need to initiate this process, and it can only be done after agreeing to the latest terms.

The parent must agree to the new terms first and then you can login to your own account and accept them. If you don't have access to the parental account you will need to try to reset the password found here. If that doesn't work try to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form found here.

If you're unable to either of those things then you may be out of luck. You can try to contact phone support and see if they are able to assist you in some way.

Further information in regards to the new terms of service agreement update can be found here.

-

P.S: Please do not post your personal information on the public forums. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.