Removing parental control account.

I created my Xbox live account years ago, when I was 14, and being underage I was required to add a parental control account on with my Live account.  I now am 20, and this account is still linked with my Live account.  Usually this isn't an issue, however on occasion I will have issues with update and the like.  With the Xbox one being released I am really wanting to just unlink the accounts, but cannot find a way to do so.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

If the date of birth you registered indicates that you're legally an adult now, then there should be an option on your console in Account Management which will allow you to "Promote" your account to adult status.  It will require you add a credit card to the account to verify that you're an adult.  Banks used to allow Microsoft to verify the authenticity of the card by removing $1 from the account and immediately putting it back in, but as transactions cost money, most banks no longer allow this, and require such interactions to result in something that sticks, so MS will charge $0.50, which will be donated to a charity, if I understand the whole thing correctly.  In the end, though, it should free you from your Child Account status and the occasional restrictions that represents.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.