remove xbox live account?

Is there any way to remove this xbox live account? as i would like my main account to use the email login which this account uses.

thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

There are two things you can do in this situation. You can either go to account.live.com and sign in with the unwanted gamertag (with the email you are trying to use) and change your alias. When you change it make sure you replace it with either a new email or an old email you don't have and make that new email the primary then remove your email off this account. This will free up the email you want to use so you can now use that email on the gamertag you want it to be associated with

Your second option would be to close out the gamertag completely and wait for the email to free up. To do this, go to account.live.com yet again, sign in with unwanted gamertag, and hit close Microsoft account out the bottom below account summary. This is the second option I listed as sometimes the feature doesn't work and it says you have to cancel any subscriptions and spend any points remaining you have even if you don't have any. So I suggest the first option if you can follow those steps as it is the quickest and easiest. If you are having troubles, contact xbox support and they can help walk you through it!

Let me know if  you have any other questions!

Hope this helps!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi CurledHalo12,

You need

- Download profile/GT in your Xbox 360 with Email that  you need in other profile (lets call Unwanted profile/GT)

- Change MS Account in that email to set free the email and be able to add it in your main GT (Wanted profile/GT).Yes you need to create another email/Microsoft account.

Note: You may face issue to change Microsoft account/Email in Unwanted profile. This because need to wait 30 days to be able to change it in new profile/GT.

- Let's  said you are able, then with your wanted email must add it in your wanted profile/GT

Here a useful link

support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account

Let's us know if works

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello CurledHalo12,

Sorry, but when you have created an Xbox Live Profile, you are able to delete it from your own console, but not from the Live Services.

The inactive live accounts will be removed when Microsoft is trying to locate all inactive accounts. This may take several years.

But I understand you want to switch an e-mailadress. The e-mail-adress that is now in use for the Account where you have posted this question with, you want to switch this e-mailadress to another account. Correct me when I'm wrong.

By reading this article, you can change your e-mailadress associated with a Xbox Live Profile to another profile.

Let us know how it goes.

Met vriendelijke groet,

Rick N.,
DummyArbiter010

borntolearn.mslearn.net
microsoft.com/learning

Sorry this didn't help.

You can delete it from the live services by closing your Microsoft account on account.live.com like I said....fs x thunder nl. do your research before going against what I say when you reply brotha... many thanks:)   ---------like I said the best way to do it is to swap out the Microsoft accounts or alias on that website account.live.com. The 30 day waiting period used to take affect but from my experience it has been going through and letting you update them immediately or a couple days after you swap them out. You may but shouldn't have to wait the 30 days for your email to free up

Sorry this didn't help.