Removal of Xbox one's sharpening filter. (Feb update) Thoughts?

I think this really looks better with the sharpening filter off. Much more realistic soft look. Plus no JAGGIESSSSSSSS!! Pre- and post pics here.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13697-titanfall-xbox-one-beta-comparison-screens-show-visual-differences-after-re.html

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

You can see a difference? Right now on my Surface screen I can see no difference other than the top image looks a little deeper in colour depth. Maybe if I use IE on X1 on the big screen it'll look different.

I see no difference. If I was going to see JAGGIES get better it would be the ropes on the mast in AC4 and they look the same to me.

Open up the map in Dead Rising 3 and move the map around. The map gets blurry and looks distorted until you stop moving it.   Thanks Microsoft!

I see no difference as well. Has MS had an official statement on this or is this just some wild rumor people are wanting to be true?

It was in the update but looks like Microsoft didn't feel the need to open up about it.

One more trolling rumor,and  my games looks already  great on Xbox one....

I believe so @tzar. I played Forza 5 last night to check on this improved AA. The JAGGIES which don't bother me much is still the same. Mainly seen on power lines and on the F1 lotus side mirrors. I think this is a placebo affect for some.

Looking at the pics in the link, I would have to give the nod to "Before". The reticule of the sight in Titanfall seems to have disappeared in "after", and the colors appear to be more washed out with less detail.

I am looking at them on a 15.6 H.D. laptop.

Peace, J.R.

If you prefer the old look, you can simply turn up sharpness on you TV.  I personally feel it is much easier on the eyes now.

I have only really played Titanfall since this update but I have heard people saying some games now look blurry when playing.