Removal of parent account

Hello, thanks for taking the time to read this. In short, i have an issue i have been unable to resolve for a while. Hopefully i'm posting in the correct forum.

There was a recent change to the ToS. So i have to accept the new Terms before being able to go onto Xbox Live. Right now i am unable to accept this agreement due to the fact i have a parent account on this account which i do not have the credentials for. 

When i created this account i was around the age of 15. So i created a random Parent account to get through the process of account creation. Since then i have turned 19. 

So, my question is. Can you remove my parent account now that i am of age with this account? I'd love to continue using this account. 

I'll be checking this post frequently.

Thanks,

Scott

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey scotty, you can try contacting support over the phone, but I don't know what can be done if you don't know any of the "parental" information. Perhaps they can manually promote you, of that I do not know. You can also try contacting an official support rep about this online or over the phone by going here: support.xbox.com/.../contact-us

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey, Judge Bergan. Thanks for the info. I did recently contact support. The response i got from them was that they did not have the power to remove the parental account. They suggested going to the forums.

Regarding the parental account info. I do have the old email. I am however unable to recover the password.

If possible i don't even need the account removed. I just need to be elevated to Adult status.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Scotty. If you have the old email, here is where you can Recover your Microsoft account. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry. Not sure if i made it clear. But i only know the Email. I do not know any of the other information associated with the account. I have sent in a recovery form with what i think to be the info. However chances are very slim that i will get the account. Don't think i would have made a post here if i had not already tried everything else.

Is it not simple enough to just promote the account to adult? Once 18 i should be able to do anything i want with the account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Edit: Sorry if my above post is a little rude. I have tried just about everything now. The forums are the last place i could think of to get help. I can do anything required of me to prove that i have ownership over this account. Also, the first console i had that i created this account with has since failed on me. I have recovered the account on another Xbox but can not get past the Terms of Use.

Sorry this didn't help.

Bump

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't think you can get a fix. Randomly creating a parent account that you don't know the credentials for may have sealed your doom.

Sorry this didn't help.