Remember the Peaceful days?

When the forums were down for 4 days and the stupid hurly posts about 1080p, the better console and the kinect could not be posted. No arguments, no fanboys just 4 days of silence...........

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There was silence because you weren't using the forums. If silence is important to you, you can stop using the forums.

[quote]When the forums were down for 4 days and the stupid hurly posts about 1080p, the better console and the kinect could not be posted. No arguments, no fanboys just 4 days of silence...........[/quote]I'd prefer days where people didn't try to stop others talking about topics they personally have no interest in.

Its a forum at the end of the day, they're all the same. Take the good with the bad.

The problem isn't people talking about topics others have no interest in. The problem is people regurgitating the same garbage over and over and over and over again. Making mountains out of mole hills and making a massive deal out of things that don't even make much of a difference.

[quote]The problem isn't people talking about topics others have no interest in. [/quote]If the people who didn't care about the threads stopped posting in them then they'd drop back pages far more quickly.

But no. Folk who have 'no interest' in the threads would rather post in them that they have no interest and thereby keep them far more active than they otherwise would be.

Discussions where there is no opposing point of view don't tend to last that long.

It's called a hot button. If you post it, they will come. And the only thing that has a chance of changing that is if the moderators crack down on it like they do on the Sony forums.

Don't know what Sony forums you're talking about but there aren't any locked threads for pages on the PSU forums.

And theres something like 40 threads per page.  

Do you know why I can't post on the Sony forums? Because I'm banned. Do you know why I'm banned? Because the one and only post I ever I made there was a comparison to Xbox.

^I wish these forums were like that.

^^^ Me too. I used to hang around the Sony forums, but there was a guy there who followed me back here to harass me. Now I can't be bothered.

Still, I wade through the negative and enjoy the constructive posts.