Release date came a little too late?

So I'm definitely getting an XB1 but I was waiting for the release date to come out before I actually placed a preorder. Just so I would know if I could go to the midnight release or get into the store on that specific day.

Now it has finally come (22nd November) it's hard to get a day one edition to preorder as many of my normal retailers (GAME mostly as I would get reward points) aren't accepting day one preorders anymore.

ANy ideas what my best bet is to make sure I can get it on the day it's released? Thanks :)

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MS store?

But why wait until a release date??? I do not get that logic?

They have said a limited number of extra day one editions will be made available. I think online via Microsoft Store is your best bet

This was posted by OXM yesterday ( for UK )

Where to buy the Xbox One Day One Edition - stock dries up following free FIFA 14 announcement

Fancy a free copy of FIFA 14? You'll need to preorder from one of these guys

www.oxm.co.uk/.../where-to-buy-the-xbox-one-day-one-edition-stock-dries-up-following-free-fifa-14-announcement

£430 is a lot of money, I didn't want to spend it without knowing every detail of what I was buying. ie: the exact price, the date it was out, how I was going to actually acquire it and stuff.

I didn't want to say be away for the weekend when it came out meaning I couldn't pick it up. Or not be in the house on the day it was being delivered :)

And cheers guys!!!

If anyone is interested I just found a place (thanks to Lofty Who's post) where you can get forza 5 instead of Fifa 14

www.shopto.net/.../xbox_one

I'm mad ps4 comes out first like completley ***! Microsoft only care bout UK. They get a early release from Sony plus free FIFA 14 while the USA JUST GET A CONSOLE? I feel some type of way!

the 22 is perfect, for me anyways.

I personally would have liked it earlier but only cause I'm impatient, I'm glad it's same day in all 13 countries

[quote user="QuA QuaZzy"]

I'm mad ps4 comes out first like completley ***! Microsoft only care bout UK. They get a early release from Sony plus free FIFA 14 while the USA JUST GET A CONSOLE? I feel some type of way!

[/quote]

Wow. And there was me thinking it was a pretty decent launch date. Just goes to show how utterly irrational us gamers can be at times. IF you honestly think that the only marketplace on earth Microsoft care about is the UK you are stone cold certifiably mad. The US remains their priority, like it is Sony's. If Microsoft could have got enough consoles to market in the USA to have a proper launch earlier in the USA they would have done. As it is they've probably got factories working round the clock to meet demand. Is a week really that big a deal?

I just know there'll be people who'll get a PS4 in America solely because it's out first. The epitome of stupidity in my opinion