Registering my elite controller

Soooo...I'm trying to order a second set of paddles for my Xbox One Elite controller. I read that I can order them from Microsoft once I register my controller.  When I try to register it, the site tells me that my serial number is invalid. I think it is because the site wants me to register an Xbox One. However, I don't own an Xbox One. I only have the Elite controller.

I tried chatting with a MS person, but...I'll just be generous to her and say that English was not her first language, because the answers she gave me were nonsensical. When I told her about my issue, she said she would help me get my console registered. I told her I don't have one, and she asked if I used my controller on Windows (I do, but what difference does that make?) Then she asks about when I got the controller (Christmas) and if I had the receipt (No, it was a gift). She then told me I would need that receipt (?????).

Now, this can't be that difficult. I just want to get my controller registered on MS's site. Can anyone help me do this?

Ok I just figured this out with my xbox but not sure if it will work for you. I went service center>replace accessory>xbox one>elite controller. After choosing elite controller I had to enter the serial number after which it allowed me to buy new paddles. So if you have something registered you might be able to swap that out with xbox one. Hope this helps.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm having the same problem. I want to buy an extra set of paddles (so I can use all short ones instead) but can't register my controller as it wants me to register an xbox console (which I don't have).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Note to Kapnasty, that only works if you have an xbox one registered. Those of us using the elite controller on the PC don't have an xbox one registered, and therefore can't get to that option on the replace accessory sub form

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all.

Sorry for the confusion, as of now the only way to register your Xbox One Elite controller through the website is by owning an Xbox One console. If you don't an Xbox One you may need to reach out to Phone/Chat support for assistance with setting up repairs and replacements for accessories still in warranty.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hope this helps

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not even  a little bit

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2021 Views 8,855 Applies to: