Region

Can anyone help, when I set up my xbox, I used my old hotmail address which was started in Spain, I came back to the UK and bought a new xbox and set up my user. It automatically set my region from my email and I can't change it back, I've tried everything from changing emails etc. Everything was done/bought in the UK

Annoyingly, just got some points to download COD map pack and its refusing too download because of the region.

It switches language automatically, that doesn't bother me, but it won't let me download

Any ideas

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Once an account is created, the region cannot be changed unless you live in one of the 9 newly added countries to Live.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so do what most people do

create a new account for UK

if you want UK conttent then you will have to have gold for skyplayer (i forget what else for UK)

if you want just blackops mappacks or region locked content then all you need is ms points and as long as it is the same purchasing  console the dlc can be shared accross all profiles

Sorry this didn't help.

If you have an email address from a different country, try creating your account on Xbox.com. There you will be able to choose your region from a dropdown menu.

Sorry this didn't help.