Region Inexplicably Changed to Russia

...And so my xbox live content is showing in Russian.  I don''t speak or read Russian.  My account was always set to Canadian before, my billing address and all associated credit cards have always been to Canadian addresses.  I was one of those effected by the recent console banning/unbanning, something must have gone screwy during that process.

Please tell me how to reset region so I can read Xbox live again!   Thank you very much!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You can now migrate accounts to one of the nine newest LIVE regions, Russia among them. You can probably call up phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to see when your account was migrated.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is an issue because I didn't do it...I haven't noticed any unusual credit card charges of late, but if this is a sign my account's been hacked I'd like it taken more seriously.

I would like it fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account is in Russian you might out of luck.  I don't know if they can switch it back to Canada but Microsoft called me today and told me that my 8 year old XBox Live account I have had since Live launched can not be moved back to a USA account and I will have to start over from scratch if I want full functionality again.

forums.xbox.com/.../473740.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

This is getting absurd...though when they console banned me, they were 100% sure they couldn't fix it either.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well then let's hope for the best because I need mine switched as well.  It was funny when I asked them why they said it was due to the law.  But of course it is ok for someone to illegally take and use my account but we can't legally take it back?  How does that make any sense!  I have been contacting members of the gaming community to make this absurd practice known and hopefully something can be done.  I just want my account's functionality back!

Sorry this didn't help.

Pale: If you feel your account was compromised, please contact phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to start an Unauthorized Access investigation.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Mister Gwyther I find your response to be pretty inadequate considering ive now seen about 3 people with a very similar problem. There really isnt a good excuse why they shouldnt be able to switch back to their proper contries and its a tad ridiculus that Sentnel has been pretty much shut out of his account and was basically told "tough". I may not be an expert or anything but surely it warrants looking into?

(Just thought I'd mention that I've made a post too which has yet to be responded to)

Sorry this didn't help.

I will.  It's hard though, I'm teaching overseas and the timezones don't line up.  While the individual people I've spoken to have done their best, Microsoft has not been endearing itself to me...

...You know how annoying it would be to replace your credit cards when you're living overseas?  

Sorry this didn't help.