Region free.

I live in Sweden and am going to the states around christmas. I was thinking about getting a xbox one since it's cheaper and region free. 

It should then work in Swedn with the right electronics adapter right?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes it should

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]Yes it should[/quote]

This is NOT good advice! You need to find out if the new US power bricks support 230V input, otherwise if you just use a plug adapter you'll just fry the thing instead.

[quote user="Monsterbishi"]

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"]Yes it should[/quote]

This is NOT good advice! You need to find out if the new US power bricks support 230V input, otherwise if you just use a plug adapter you'll just fry the thing instead.

[/quote]

I didnt give advice on what power brick for the OP to get. But if the right one is found the console would work.

Plus you might find region coding to be an issue of Blu-rays. EU is Region B and US is Region A if you buy a disk in your country that has region coding implemented on the disc you may find yourself with a lmited choice of films :P

Although I'm kinda hoping MS snuck in region freeness on their booray drive when it comes to films as well as games but the folks behind Blu-ray don't like region free drives.

'If the right one is found' - You're kidding yourself if you think there are going to be 230VAC power bricks just floating around for him to buy, the price point is what he's looking at too, by the time he adds the price of a stepdown transformer to the bill he's better off buying a Xbox One locally where he can also enjoy Warranty support to boot.

Im not kidding myself. I didnt say hey look there are a million of these things lying around. I answered his question. He already knows that he needs a different power brick. So I am not seeing the issue.Except he cant buy locally because the console was delayed in Sweden

So thats awesome i finally know that the xbox one is Region free !

Yes the system is region free but the NA version's power brick is NOT multi-voltage!  The rest of the world received a multi-voltage brick, I have have no clue as to why MS gave. NA a different brick.  You will need a step down convertor or you could get a PAL-land brick from MS.  They are a huge rip off if the 360 is anything to go buy.  I had to buy a replacement for my Jp 360 when I returned to Australia in 07, it cost $137 for a brick!  I am thinking of ringing MS about a replacement for my NA X1's brick.  Will depend on how much it will cost.

Only for Xbox One Games its Region Free - for movies its not Region Free !!!!

>>> support.xbox.com/.../watch-bluray-dvd-movies