Region A bluray won't play on my US Xbox One???

Just popped in a new bluray I got today and the screen says This disc will not play due to region settings on the player. I've never changed my bluray settings and don't even see any region settings in the settings section. The bluray is a region A disc which means it should work on a US player. My other blurays work and I have a mix of region free and region A discs. Any way to fix this?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Scratch that, any region A bluray I put in will not play. I bought my system from a US Target store. Is there a way to tell if I got a foreign system?

is this something to do with your internal settings inside the XB1?  

[quote user="tohellnbak"]

is this something to do with your internal settings inside the XB1?  

[/quote] It shouldn't. I purchased my Xbox in the US, where I live. So it should play anything region A. My settings are all English.

I don't know if you did this yet but go to App Store and download the bluray app

[quote user="EdgeOFChaos17"]

I don't know if you did this yet but go to App Store and download the bluray app

[/quote]Yup already did that

[quote user="CrystalBlueCook"][quote user="EdgeOFChaos17"]

[/quote]

I have a standalone Blu-Ray player so have not downloaded the app  but if its a "universal" app are there any settings/choices for region??

[quote user="William YZF R1"]

[quote user="CrystalBlueCook"][quote user="EdgeOFChaos17"]

[/quote]

I have a standalone Blu-Ray player so have not downloaded the app  but if its a "universal" app are there any settings/choices for region??

[/quote]Nope absolutely no settings for region. It really doesn't make sense. Only logical thing I can think of is that a Europe Xbox got shipped to the US and I was the unlucky one who bought it.