Refund for outage

Was just denied a refund for the outage on 4/13/2013 bu Microsoft CS.  I pay for this service and it was not provided.  How can Microsoft justify this?  Microsoft has publicly admitted the outage was caused by an error on their part with a "networking misconfiguration."

I, like many others, believe that Xbox Live should be a free service... but no one forced me to decide to become a member... so I don't complain about that.  However, when I do pay for a service and it is NOT PROVIDED then I will complain.  Microsoft should refund every minute of outage time to every paying member.

-Coursher

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 22 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

SO, XBL was down for a bit... just caught up on some of my single-player stuff...

No biggie!

I want 13 cents for the time I wasted reading all the whining in this thread.

give me your paypal information i will give you the 13p just to shut you up

[quote user="Coursher"]

Was just denied a refund for the outage on 4/13/2013 bu Microsoft CS.  I pay for this service and it was not provided.  How can Microsoft justify this?  Microsoft has publicly admitted the outage was caused by an error on their part with a "networking misconfiguration."

I, like many others, believe that Xbox Live should be a free service... but no one forced me to decide to become a member... so I don't complain about that.  However, when I do pay for a service and it is NOT PROVIDED then I will complain.  Microsoft should refund every minute of outage time to every paying member.

-Coursher

[/quote]

LMAO keep dreaming we all went trough it and some less winy then others , I have a refund for you here  -1 

[quote user="evilCivic420"]

yea but why pay for something if you cant use it?they still make plenty of money with every thing else like add on's and arcade games and on demand games there has to be a line drawn some where so big company's like Microsoft stop ripping off the little people!

[/quote]

That's my point.  Or maybe you're not reading my post.  I said that MS probably will give us a one month gold for the few days we lost.  You paid $0.13 per day for a service that wasn't working.  You get something worth $5 in return.

It costs about 13 cents a day for XBL gold. Do you really want 13 cents?

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

yea but why pay for something if you cant use it?they still make plenty of money with every thing else like add on's and arcade games and on demand games there has to be a line drawn some where so big company's like Microsoft stop ripping off the little people!

Wow people are quick to expect remittance for something that isn't even fixed yet.  Now I'm not suggesting that you shouldn't be asking for such a thing.  I'm  just saying to be patient.  Let them fix the problem first, then worry about the compensation.

Xbox Live had a similar outage a few years back (2008, I think).  Once the issue was fixed, Microsoft gave one month of gold subscription to everyone and offered the game "Undertow" for free for a couple of months.  There is nothing to suggest they will or won't do something similar this time.

don't expect nothing from free from Microsoft,there the biggest ripoffs in the videogame community!they falsely charged me and over drafted my bank account and all they could do was say sorry there bad but couldn't even compensate me for all the charges or the over draft fees which accorded from there error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

They gave all cloud users a free month of gold when that went out a few months ago.

If you have a little patience you may get the same again.