Refund after 5 months ( Thanks Glen(n) )

I spoke to a very very helpful customer support guy today called Glen... he went to a lot of trouble to ensure I get my refund. He spotted what the problem was from last year that had stopped my refund then, he asked for a new bank card number,unfortunately my bank has instructed me to NEVER give my card details to unsecured online companies UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES so we were at a stalemate. I understood that I was to take the loss rather than risk my details with XBL again and told Glen, but..... rather than ending the call Glen requested I hang on whilst he tried an alternative solution, he offered to lock my account until payment was made, I still was not open to that (if you put your hand in a lions cage and get bit you don't do it again even if the keeper says the lion is tame now) again I thanked him for all he had done and happily accepted my loss. Again he asked me to wait, and he returned stating that they would try to refund directly via my old card details that were once associated with my account and if that fails they will send a cheque to my address. Thank you Glen you're a legend..... whoever gets this guy to deal with their investigations are lucky he really goes the extra mile.

Now within a few weeks my refund will be through and I'll be able to close my account and sever all dangerous ties with XBL forever...... it's a shame, I wanted to buy an xbox for my wife but because no security safeguards exist the risks are far and away too vast to take.

Just to pre-empt the plethora of "make a strong password" replies, NO a password is NOT a safeguard it's like key to the front door. Just because your bank has a front door you'd still expect them to have a vault AND to lock it ! and not to tell you we leave the money out but YOU should put a stronger lock on the door.....

Anyway thanks to Glen... top man

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Strig, just wanted to say I'm glad Glen was able to help you out. :-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I'm would imagine this is the same glen I just got and wanna say I've never talked to such a nice and sweet customer service person ever what a great guy xbox is lucky to have him!

Sorry this didn't help.

I would also like the thank Glen for the assistance he gave me today, he helped me get back my suspended account after the auto billing went wrong. I also just wanted to say sorry to him if he reads this, i accidentally closed the window after asking him a new question, i wasn't trying to be rude and im very thankful for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.