Reduce Xbox Live one year pricing and/or give us extras

I have been an Xbox Live Subscriber for 5+ years. I want the next Xbox to be the console that sells the most not only in USA, but also in Europe and with any luck Japan. However, my Xbox Live Subscription is set to expire in April (2 years ago I took an offer before the price went up where I could pay for 2 years in advance for a lower price) and right now, as of December 31st I am unemployed and even though I find myself gaming on Xbox 360 more than ever while I find a new job, I barely am using the online multiplayer despite owning 60+ games. I use the Netflix app and Internet Explorer, but I can do those on my Windows 7/8 PC or laptop and Netflix on my TV too, so I don't think I should be paying such a high fee for playing occasional Gears of War or Halo online, or accessing services that have no impact on Microsoft's servers (Netflix, Hulu, Internet Explorer, etc) or simply are free via my TV, Laptop and heck I just found out that the Ps3 I bought just to play Blu Rays and Metal Gear Solid 4 years ago, lets me watch Netflix, Hulu, and browse the web for free too (and I heard online gaming is free on Sony's side too even though I don't own anything other than MGS4, YET)!

On top of Xbox Live I am also a Zune Music Pass, now Xbox Music, subscriber, for years. On the music side I am getting access to millions of songs plus 10 free songs a month ( yes I am an old subscriber too! :) ), so I love what I am getting on Xbox Music for what I pay which is more than twice as much as Xbox Live, but on Xbox Live, outside of online multiplayer, there is no incentive to paying other than a false benefit of some extra apps. I am noticing this stuff now that I have to evaluate where to cut my expenses, and since the renewal is coming up next month, I think I will just call and cancel. I was going to grab a family pack with 3 friends that used to pay for one year, but stopped when the price went up, and switched to one month whenever they feel like playing and just buy cards at stores (or their free codes among their games)... but I just read this option is not available anymore.

After the price went up there have been no extras due to the price increase. No discount on games, no discount on video rentals, no early access to anything, no free DLC, no discount for those who pay both for Xbox Live and Xbox Music, and I read the on Ps3 if you choose to pay they give you some of those things I am mentioning. I am sure also your Xbox Live Gold users haven't been increasing as much, considering Ps3 has recently begun outselling Xbox 360 worldwide.

If Microsoft is going ahead like this with the next Xbox, the Ps4 will simply win. People I used to game with heavily on Halo 2 and Halo 3 years ago, are now completely gone from Xbox Live. I don't see them online at all anymore. It's your choice. The right thing would be to lower the price for Xbox Live Gold and restore the Family Pass, let users access Netflix and all those services and apps for free and give us Gold users extras especially 5-10% discounts on games and movies. Otherwise Xbox will be doomed next generation, and that will be sad considering how far you have come since the first Xbox. Wouldn't you rather get $25 from 4 people with the family pass, than $0 and 4 subscribers less?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

You would be better off posting this in the feedback section forums.xbox.com/.../2602.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there israeljam3sb0nD!

As Daft Badger said above, the feedback section of the forums is a fantastic place to make posts like this. That is a wonderful resource that is used to get input from the community.

I can tell that you're a loyal community member and you're passionate about your Xbox Live experience. I'm not sure if you've seen this page yet: http://rewards.xbox.com/ But if you haven't, it might be a way for you to get more out of your Xbox Live experience than you're currently getting. I hope it does!

Thanks again for posting, israeljam3sb0nD. I hope to see you online soon!

Game on. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Lots of free Apps, though, which extend the utility of the service.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your suggestions. I signed up for the rewards and will work towards the next achievements level to get more in return, but I still stand with what I said on my post. Either Microsoft makes Xbox Live better and provides more for subscribers, while making apps free, or Ps4 might just win the next round, and that's not what I want to happen. In addition I managed to grab an Xbox Live Subscription for $40 at Toys R Us two weeks ago. The offer showed up on the weekly ads so I simply switched from auto renewal to prepaid codes. Thanks for your answers and suggestions though. I am hoping Microsoft announce something amazing April 26th to fully dominate Ps4 and make Xbox Live Gold better.

Sorry this didn't help.