Redownloading gamertag

Apologies as I'm sure this has already been asked elsewhere but after a brief scour of the forum I couldn't find the same topic:

Basically I bought my xbox live subscription a few years ago, used it, moved and didn't have the internet again until recently. Therefore all my achievements and saves are currently on a gamertag that I've kept with me on a memory unit. After connecting back up to xbox live it's saying that I need to redownload my profile which is now out of date. As they're essentially the same profile, is there a way of somehow combing the two versions of the profile allowing me to update the redownloaded version?

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks,

Liam

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hi Liam if you re-download the old profile and you haven't deleted any of the data that you had before then re-downloading it would just be like updating it this will not delete any of your save files or data so to answer your question re-downloading it will combine the 2 profiles

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Follow the steps to redownload your profile, support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete If you don't know your password go to account.live.com and select "Can't access my Account"

I AM NOT A MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE NOR FORUM MODERATOR. However I do know a lot about acct recovery.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.