Red Ring of Death warranty

I bought my xbox 360 originally soon after it's launch. About a year or two later it got the red ring of death. I sent it to microsoft to be repaired and I got it back in much better condition. However It's been many many years since then and I just again got the red ring of death. I rather not have to buy an entirely brand new system so I was wondering if I could just send it to microsoft again? However I also heard that it only has a 3 year warranty so if thats the case would I have to pay since I didn't last time and how much would it cost if I did? I use my xbox 360 currently more than my xbox one since I have an unreliable internet connection where I live and I can play the xbox 360 easier offline so this is sort of very a very sad event for me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

Yeah, if you've had it since about launch, it's past the warranty. You would have to pay to get it fixed. It's around $100.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have this same issue. How do I send the unit in for repair?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey PillowyMonkey, sorry to hear you're having issues with the console.  You can set up a repair at the following link.

http://myservice.xbox.com/

Please note that if you are using the older FAT consoles that they are no longer being serviced for repairs.  They only accept the S or E consoles now.

Also, for future reference it would be better to create a new thread instead of bumping older ones.  That way we can tailor responses directly to your needs.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP, disregard everything said by above posters. Original phat consoles are no longer supported by Microsoft, and are the only consoles to have rings as error codes, (S and SS have red lights). Your only options are to either sell your console and get another one, or find another "means" of having your console repaired.

Sorry this didn't help.