Red Ring...... again and again and again.

My X-box has got red ring 3-4 times now and now its failed again, apart from this time my warranty has run out, do the people at microsoft expect me to pay £90 for repair (price i was told over the phone) when i can go out and buy a new one for £133 brand spanking new from a shop? its just stupid. i just fail to see why i should be forced to pay out when one of two or three (if not all) have happened 1: the X-box i own was not made to standerd and thus has got red ring over and over 2: the past repaid work was shoddy and half **** 3: in one of my repairs they may have replaced my x-box and that one was not to standerd (plus if they replace your x-box they should renew your warranty). If any of these things are true as i suspect they are for alot of people with the same problem then Microsoft should be fitting the bill not us. i have owned every game platform that has come out all the way back to the NES and i have never had a problems like this, its not good enough.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

If you pay for a repair you get a 1 years warranty, if it was free its 3 months. All electronics have limited warranties unless you buy an extended one.
As you say your console is no longer under warranty, if that is the case you will either have to order a repair (charged) or buy another console.

All xbox's are made to standard, but the earlier designs had issues. That is why MS extended the rrod warranty to 3 years.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just as a correction, the warranty with paid repairs is also 90 days, not 1 year. : )

Sorry this didn't help.

OT:.
Sorry about that OP. I did not know it had changed.

Thanks for the info Miss Portia :).

Sorry this didn't help.