red lights (4)

my Xbox 360 Arcade has 4 red lights . it worked perfectly before hand and now there are four flashing red lights. can anyone out there help me

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Okay, so your console is showing four red lights. Usually, this indicates an issue with the audio/video (A/V) cable.

Check your A/V cable connection

Turn your console and TV off, and then unplug the A/V cable from first the console, and then the TV. Plug the cable back into your console, and make sure it’s in there good and snug. Connect your A/V cables back into the television, making sure the colors on the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. Turn your console and television back on. Does your console still have four red lights? If so, move on to the next step.

Try a different cable First of all, you’ll need a different A/V cable to test with. I recommend borrowing one from a friend, as this step takes less than a minute. When you have a second A/V cable, turn off your console and TV, and then remove the A/V cable from both. Connect the new A/V cable first to your console, then to the display, making sure the connections are good and snug. Be sure the colors on the cable correspond with the colors on the ports. With everything plugged in, turn the console and TV back on.

If the Xbox 360 logo appears onscreen, then the first cable will need to be replaced.

If you still have four red lights, your console will require a repair. You can check your warranty status and set a repair up here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.