Red Faction: Armageddon

Is Red Faction: Armageddon worth getting it for a rental game? Does it need a code to play online if thats even within the game itself!

Some feedback from people whom have played it would be good!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I rented it from Lovefilm. Got it Friday posted it back today & thought it was absolutely awful. Feels like a GoW knock off.

Not sure on the online pass though mate, it is a THQ game, but can't see a pass on the Marketplace.

Its terrible, couldnt bring myself to finish it.

Flip its that bad..may just give it a miss then and start playing Vanquish!

I don't think it has any form of multiplayer.

[quote user="voteDC"]

I don't think it has any form of multiplayer.

[/quote]

It has an "Infestation" MP mode which is basically a horde rip-off.

As for the online pass i don't think there was one.

I may be one of the few but I really enjoyed RF Armageddon.

Its fairly cheap now so as long as you are getting it for a decent price then I say go for it.

It's really not THAT bad. I've played far worse games.

The story isn't very long, but was fun enough and the multiplayer is pretty good once you get to higher levels in infestation

I enjoyed Armageddon too!!  Of the campaign, the first third is played underground, and begins to feel very repetitive.  Suddenly, the game changes, and the remaining two thirds are great!!  I think the campaign is let-down a little by the fact that the creators of the game wanted to keep the story as consistent as possible, letting the 'big bangs' happen later.  

Of the multiplayer, the two modes available are great fun I think!!  Extras are cool too!!

As an extra, I bought the DLC campaign add-on - although its short, its very sweet, and if you play it in tandem with the main campaign, it makes the game flow a little better.

It's a shame they've given up on the RF series due to lack of sales. Red Faction Guerrilla was such a fun game, and the geomod tech worked perfectly. I remember playing Red Faction on PS2 which was amazing for its time.

Hopefully they'll bring it back in a few years, just like they brought back the series with RFG.

I thought it was great. It's just a boadload of fun, the destruction engine is awesome.

I bought it for £20 in Asda a few days ago, and don't regret a single penny of it. It's not a 10/10, but for me it's easily 8/10.