Red Dot Xbox360 Slim

I was playing Dead Rising 2 for about a 1:30 mins and i was also charging my controller using the microsoft plug n play kit and i shut my console off and a few mins later i noticed there was a red dot where the green dot/ring is. I havent been playing my XBox360 Slim very often this month or 2 so it cant be getting used to much. I was able to turn my Xbox360 Slim back on and everything seem to be working. Any help on why it happened would be nice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

Alright thanks for the help i will just unplug it when im dont playing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

From what you have told. It seems that somehow the console had an error while charging your controller like i said: When you have your play and charge kit connected and charging your controller and  you turn off the console, The console will stay on with the green power light flashing every so often untill the controller is charged. then turn off.

It could have been a simple Power failure that fixed itself when you restarted the console.

If it had not been a year you could send it in for a repair but at this point (because its working) that would be pointless.

IF you are worryied that it will happen again, You could always unplug your Play and Charge kit from the console or controller. when you turn off the console.

Also the causes for Red dot can come up for many reasons . For example; Overheating. or broken soder joint, Power failure....Ect.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes it works fine so far. I thought it was weird that i got it and wanted to know the causes to get a red dot. I've owned the system about a year now.

Sorry this didn't help.

And you say it works fine now? It boots up and plays fine?

Sorry this didn't help.

#1 there wasnt any screen. #2 I cant recall if it was or not but i dont think so. #3 The only thing i had plugged in was the controller. The console vents are open to the air so plenty of venting.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok.

1st:  Was there any on screen code like E68 or another number?

2nd: Was the Red light Flashing?

3rd: Did you have a lot of accessories connected via usb that draw power? I.E: Phones, iPods, Controller chargers Cameras,ECT.

-When you have your play and charge kit connected and charging your controller and  you turn off the console, The console will stay on with the green power light flashing every so often untill the controller is charged. then turn off.

It is possible that the console overheated while chargeing your controller when you thought it was off.

Make sure there is NOTHING on top of the slim fan port. that your console is not enclosed in a space such as a shelf or a cabnet. There should be space for the console to "breathe"

Post back :)

Sage

Sorry this didn't help.