Red Dot of Death

I have recently found out after spending hours on the phone and support chats that my console needs a repair because it has a 'Red dot of death'. This should be covered under a 18month warranty as it can not be prevented. Seems everyone I have spoken to has had the same prob as soon as their warranty has expired. I look after my xbox like gold and now am forced to spend money on repaires for a form of 'Red Ring of Death'. Thats unfair. I thought these overheating and hardware failure problems were sorted out when we left the phat, yes I understand there will always be probs and unfore seen failures but for the forums I have posted on seem to say this is the new 'Red Ring of Death'. internal 4gig hard drive failure.

I am a dissappointed student who was a big supporter.. I feel like crying LOL haha (I wont tho)

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 30 Applies to:

Things fail, its just the way it is. The repair will cost you a lot less then a new xbox anyway.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been experiencing this dot myself(no lights, just that dot in the center). I thought my Xbox died but it didn't. If it ever happens again, try unplugging and plugging back the power supply as well as the HDMI cable(if you use one), it may solve the problem on your Xbox (it did on mine).

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly these things happen. I would try all the normal things you can do first. Unplugging it and replugging it in, making sure all cords are connected etc. I have went through 4 or so xbox's not including the warrenty's used to fix them in the past. So I know your pain. If you have a warrenty on it though most of the time it doesn't cost you a thing. You will be without the xbox for a bit which sucks, but not much use if it isn't working anyways.

Sorry this didn't help.