Red Dot Of Deatg

Hi there i've got red dot of death which am presuming its similar to red ring of death and i checked my warranty on my Xbox which has expired and Micrososft repair team want 2 charge me 50 for repair due to hardware failure which ain't the user fault shouldn't Microsoft fix this themselfs for free.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

[quote user="SLIMZ38"]Micrososft repair team want 2 charge me 50 for repair[/quote]$50 USD, or 49.99 GPB? $50 would be a major price reduction.[quote]due to hardware failure which ain't the user fault[/quote]Yeah... because no one anywhere has ever abused their electronics.

You can buy an optional extended warranty from Microsoft to cover the console for an additional two years. It's your choice to buy or not buy the warranty.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Bumping, thumping, throwing the controller-- this has ALL happened 'by accident' in a heated game at my house. ;) Not to mention my little guy thinking a butter knife in the loading tray is a 'great' idea for opening a device he doesn't understand!

As Ice said, you can purchase the extended warranty, or send in the xbox to be fixed. Last thing we want is any violations for 'home brew' fixing!

Think of it this way: Once you purchase ANYTHING, it becomes your personal property-- and your responsibility. Certain things will be fixed within a reasonable ammount of time due to manufacturer error-- but it's been quite some time since the red rings of death have appeared on our gamer radar. From the telephone to the TVs we stare at every day, electronics have gotten better and better to keep us on our toes-- and money flying out of our wallets!

As gamers we march on. (Or in some cases, Jetpack). Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft won't fix it for free because it is your property, not theirs even though they made it. Xbox's are made cheaply and they break often, often hardware failures are a problem with the soldering on the motherboards or around the CPU's and heat sync's. I don't recommend fixing it yourself because Microsoft will not fix it if it has been tampered with, your best bet is to pay the $50 and get an extended warranty.

Sorry this didn't help.