Red Dead Redemption 2 hinted by Rockstar

I really really hope this turns out to be true as I loved the original.

According to Rockstar’s official blog, when quizzed about a sequel to the much loved Western game Red Dead Redemption they replied with a hint that a second could well be in development, if not soon to begin.

“As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually. Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series.”

This will likely come as terrific news to fans of the first game which received much critical acclaim and high praise.

http://www.shoptonews.net/2012/07/12/red-dead-redemption-2-hinted-by-rockstar/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That and GTA are what they're most popular for and with good reason.

At least with the "Read Dead" series the bar has been raised rather than the GTA series that has seen a drop in overall quality since "Vice City".

Nice to have it confirmed officially.

Az

I reall should pick up Red Dead again and finish it off.

This would be fantastic if its true. One of the best games ive ever played although I was more into the multiplayer than anything.

[quote user="l NeRvEaGeNt l"]

This would be fantastic if its true. One of the best games ive ever played although I was more into the multiplayer than anything.

[/quote]

I never played the MP a great deal, didn't have enough friends etc on it at the time, what I did play of it though seemed like alot of fun.

[quote user="The Sea Trout"]

[/quote]You really should, it's got the best ending ever!

As for Red Dead 2, it cant come soon enough, I adore Redemption.

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

That and GTA are what they're most popular for and with good reason.

At least with the "Read Dead" series the bar has been raised rather than the GTA series that has seen a drop in overall quality since "Vice City".

[/quote]

Man, you a straight up busta.

The last one right up to the end was class but its up there with LA Noire for having one of the wost endings to a game of all time.

Indeed if this is true i'd be a very happy man; RDR is one of my fav all time games and I hope and pray this is as good if not better than the first!

I love the Red Dead and GTA games, looking forward to GTA V!

-

Anyone who says they've been getting worse doesn't have a clue lol.

[quote user="The Sea Trout"]

[/quote]  +1  I agree with you on this mate.

I still have it gathering dust and the red dead zombie dlc on disc. Really enjoyed the game however i just got caught up with the new release of games. Blooming typical.

I would like this style of game set in a new period - Roman times, Prehistoric times  - again something new something diffrent.... Rockstar can easily pull this off.