Recycled Gamertags

I would like to know if perm banned accounts can be recycled over the next something years and If I can get that gamertag back when It gets released.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2018 Views 32 Applies to:

Hello

Sign into Xbox LIVE and go to the My Xbox channel, then select Change Gamertag. From here you can either choose from the random name generator, or you can enter a specific Gamertag to see if it’s available.Starting today, we have begun the process of making previously used and unavailable (dead) Xbox LIVE Gamertags available. This process will take some time to complete, and no we can’t tell you when the Gamertag you want might be available. If you are interested, you should check back regularly as we are reviving Gamertags daily.

Changing your Gamertag does not affect your Gamerscore, Achievements, or your friends list.

http://majornelson.com/2011/03/01/xbox-live-gamertags-go-zombie-and-rise-from-the-dead/

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, afraid not. They tried recycling unused GamerTags a couple years ago and people were just getting the names and then selling them. Don't expect them to go back and try it again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.