Recurring charges

I have recently noticed that xbox live it taking a regular payment each month from my bank account (amount 5.99) using a debit card that has expired. What is concerning me is that my xbox live account lists me as a free member and checking the billing on my xbox account (as per the instructions here) i have no active subscriptions or  payments due.

during a webchat with xbox support this was confirmed so I am rather curious to know why i am being billed for a service i am not subscribed to and would like this to stop. I havent even used my xbox since it broke nearly 4 years ago.

can someone here advise how i can get this to stop please.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 262 Applies to:

Greeting's Ashley, Sorry to hear you are having problem's. First off, have you tried cancelling the direct debit with your bank even know it is expired ? Is your direct debit on your console as such ? If so, the payment's will still be coming out of your account if you have no turned automatic renewal off. You could also phone Xbox support up and tell them about this issue and say you have already posted on the forums as they some time's redirect you to here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, it isnt a direct debit. the payment is coming from a debit card. (which actually expired!) so there is no option to cancel a direct debit. My bank informed me to contact the vendor in the first instance.

What is worrying is that my billing history shows no mention of this payment or any other being made against my account. I dont know about the console as it broke some time ago and i have no desire to pay for it to be fixed.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an issue that you will have to contact phone support for. They should be able to access your account and see what's going on. Good Luck!

Xbox Ambassador | Xbox Forum Moderator | Xbox MVP

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="bowski477"]

This is an issue that you will have to contact phone support for. They should be able to access your account and see what's going on. Good Luck!

[/quote]

This is the best course of action you need to take. I would also suggest you sign into www.billing.microsoft.com, from here you should be able to see the charges. Once you're on the phone to xbox support they will be able to clarify what is going on and then should be able to refund you the money for however long this has been going on for.

Sorry this didn't help.

meanmachine - thats part of the problem. i have logged into that sire and there are no details regarding charges relating to my account or any evidence of a subscription ever having been live.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is really wierd situation. If you don't see those charges on the site than it has to be some kind of thrid party. I actually have seen this on alot of Windows phone issues. My best advice is to give Xbox Customer support a call.

Sorry this didn't help.